Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod activation lock

hello there i have an ipod touch 5th gen that i just purchased used, i went through the set up process but it wouldnt activate over wi-fi so i had to connect it to itunes to activate it it is running a software version of ios 9 from what i understand i cant get anything higher than that and thats fine with me i just use it for music only i am also 90% sure the antenna inside is broke because it wont connect to bluetooth and it seems to have troubles connecting to apple servers. anyways at least once a day it will restart and put my ipod in activation lock and i can only get it unlocked by plugging it up to itunes and entering my password and then it unlocks anyone know how to stop it from doing this once a day everyday? it doesnt want to seem to connect to the activation servers no matter how many times i try and using itunes seems to only work for like 12-24hrs then i'm back to square one thanks

iPod touch, iOS 9, 5th generation

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 10:09 PM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2017 10:21 PM in response to applleofmydroid

Change your Apple ID password and set up two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support.

If you are met with an Activation Lock screen then it's likely that someone with access to your ID is remotely wiping the iPod.

You might also try restoring the phone per: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414.

Nov 12, 2017 10:29 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

thanks for the reply i failed to mention earlier that on the ipod itself it won't let me remove my icloud account because it can't connect to servers plus this account is brand new i just bought the ipod like 3 weeks ago and set up an apple account for the first time but thanks for the info i will try those steps and see what happens

ipod activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.