Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update Final Cut Express?

Since updating to High Sierra, Final Cut Express will not work. Where can I find an update? I searched the app store with no success.

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 10:26 PM

14 replies

Dec 16, 2017 11:12 AM in response to foxdm

It is scandalous that a software of this price is obsolete after 9 years

This is the "DECADENCE" at Apple, add to this, they do not even make a commercial gesture on the new version ...

They have fallen well down, this is not acceptable, not even a 10-year follow-up guarantee as is customary for updates and 20 years on usage.

WHAT TO COMPLAIN !

I will find out from whom to lodge a complaint ...

Dec 16, 2017 12:00 PM in response to Julien de Cadoudal

Thanks, I enjoy a good laugh.

The new version is less expensive than FCE was, and more capable. I have no idea where you get this:

not even a 10-year follow-up guarantee as is customary for updates and 20 years on usage.

but try as I might I can't think of anything in the computer industry that works to those constraints. But maybe you can. So good luck.

Dec 18, 2017 5:33 AM in response to foxdm

En fait la solution que j'ai trouvé (je pense la seule si on ne veut pas débourser 350 €) c'est de charger une ancienne version de MacOS sur un disque externe ou sur une partition de ton disque du Mac et ça marche, mais le portage simple pour moi n'a pas réussi pour Final Cut Express Je pense qu'il suffirai de nettoyer quelques dossier de références qui du coup ne sont pas corrects vu le changement d'emplacement, j'ai juste copier une version de Final Cut Pro X que j'avis sous le coude.

How can I update Final Cut Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.