Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my MacBook slows down drastically

I am using Macbook Pro Mid 2014 model. I use it personally and when in Office, it gets connected to LG 31 4k Monitor.. I have been using this combination for about year or more... but of recently, I am noticing sudden slowdown of the computer.. the mouse moves softly but all my applications just stutter to open and close. there is a huge slow down.. but after I close Safari, or my mail, it works back to normal again..

Can Anyone help me..

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 12:37 AM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2017 1:47 PM in response to adilcomp

Greetings adilcomp,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like your computer is running slowly until you close a couple of programs. There are a few things that can be causing this to happen. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue. Safe Mode will help prevent login items from loading when booting to the desktop to isolate if there are other applications running in the background that may be utilizing available resources.

macOS Sierra: If your Mac runs slowly

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Take care.

my MacBook slows down drastically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.