Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

on my iphone 7, I have Notes stored On My Phone, are they included in backups

On my iphone 7 with 11.1 ios, I use Notes, stored locally on my phone. I have no other ios products to sync too.

What I want to know is if these notes still are included in Notes backup

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2017 2:29 PM

kjcuserapple,

Thanks for following up, we're happy to help clarify this further. To ensure your notes could transfer to a new device, it's best to create a backup using iTunes. You do not need to "sign up" to create a backup using iTunes. Instead, check out the steps in the article below:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2017 2:29 PM in response to kjcuserapple

kjcuserapple,

Thanks for following up, we're happy to help clarify this further. To ensure your notes could transfer to a new device, it's best to create a backup using iTunes. You do not need to "sign up" to create a backup using iTunes. Instead, check out the steps in the article below:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 28, 2017 1:55 PM in response to kjcuserapple

Hi kjcuserapple ,

I understand that you have notes on your iPhone, and you'd like to know if they are included in your backups since you don't sync with any other devices.

If you are not syncing your notes with any internet accounts, then they will be included in an iTunes backup. You can see that they would not be included in an iCloud backup in the article below:

About backups for iOS devices - Apple Support

iCloud backups

With a Wi-Fi network connection, you can make a backup of your device using iCloud. You don’t need to plug your device into a computer or even be at home to back up with iCloud .

iCloud backups include nearly all data and settings stored on your device. iCloud backups don't include:

• Data that's already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Notes, My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
  • Data stored in other cloud services, like Gmail and Exchange mail

You can find out if your notes are synced to any other service by checking Settings > Notes > Default Account.

Nov 28, 2017 2:00 PM in response to raina_b22

Yes, this answer part of my question, because of course, i"on my phone" makes it just for me then. But I think I still have question, so should I lose my phone, or decide to update to a new one, will even those notes "on my phone" be

able to transfer over then. I think that is a yes?. Also, your answer says all notes would be on an itune backup, but

is that something you sign up for as an additional backup system??

on my iphone 7, I have Notes stored On My Phone, are they included in backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.