Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to perform fresh install Macbook Pro MID-2012

Hello everybody,

i really need your help cause i'm getting mad here!!

Suddenly my mid-2012 MB Pro became incredibly slow (for example to open a picture it took 3 minutes more or less) so i thought could be the a damage to the 500 GB internal drive hard drive (after 6 yeas of usage seems reasonable to me).

So i back up all my important documents to an external drive and i bought a new Seagate 500 GB to perform a clean installation.

Even when i start the MB Pro with the new hard drive installed it takes 10 minutes to boot in order to display the restore options page (the one with Disk Utility etc..) and when i start the installation of the OS the bar moves very slowly (like to pass from 17 minutes remaining to 15 it takes more than 20 minutes).

I've tried to erase and format the new disk twice, and i even tried to install both HIGH SIERRA and after YOSEMITE, but neither one is working.

After a few hours on the installing page i get an error saying "installation could not be performed on this computer, please restart".

Beside the HD, what could be the cause of such lost of performance?

Thank you mery much in advance.

Best,

Filippo

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Intel I7

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 1:21 AM

7 replies

Unable to perform fresh install Macbook Pro MID-2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.