Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting Keynote to Movie

I'm looking at some of the discussions regarding exporting Keynote presentations to movies. I'm not familiar with Keynote (I'm a PowerPoint user ... sorry) so I have two basic questions.

1. Can I set the timing of slide animations and the slide transitions so that when I export to a movie it'll play with those timings? It seems that I should be able to do this 'manually' by rehearsing timings and saving, but, can I specify exact timings, for example stay on this slide for 2s, then on this slide for 2.7s, then on this slide for 5.3s?

2. Can I export my presentation as a .mp4 file? It seems as if Apple love to force usage of .mov, but this is problematic for the rest of the world. I'm hoping that there are more output file options.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Scared tp move to Yosemite

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 11:17 AM

Most users prefer the "record slide show" feature as its simple and quick to use. Play > Record Slideshow

Each slide can be set individually for effect and timing, it is accurate but takes more skill and time to set up.

Files exported to QuickTime use the m4v filetype, except Prores option which are .mov files.

(m4v is Apple's version of an mp4 file)

File > Export > QuickTime

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 11:17 AM in response to Aperio1

Most users prefer the "record slide show" feature as its simple and quick to use. Play > Record Slideshow

Each slide can be set individually for effect and timing, it is accurate but takes more skill and time to set up.

Files exported to QuickTime use the m4v filetype, except Prores option which are .mov files.

(m4v is Apple's version of an mp4 file)

File > Export > QuickTime

Exporting Keynote to Movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.