Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS messages after update to 11.1.1

I updated my iphone 5s (in the UK, on E.E.) to v11.1.1 yesterday and ever since I have been plagued by pop-up "SMS" messages that read: "Sorry, the number you are sending to does not contain enough digits. Please check the number and try again"

I have tried all the suggestions I can find on the EE forums: imessage off/on, facebook off/on, wi-fi calling off/on, reset network settings, reset all settings, use iTunes to restore the phone to new, use icloud to restore the phone to new. No change - the first thing that happened when I reconnected to the wifi network was another SMS came through. (I do not have a mobile signal in this area so everything is through WIFI calling) .

I have spoken to Apple support, who advised me to do all the above, (again) which I have done, but the first thing that happened, again, was one of these pesky SMS came through. Anybody any ideas? Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 4:06 AM

There are no replies.

SMS messages after update to 11.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.