Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto multiple adjustments

I'm going to use iPhoto (9.6) to make a quick and easy slides show. I will be taking a few hundred photos so want to be able to make quick adjustments due to the slideshow being played at the end of the conference.

I'm trying to make multiple basic adjustments (i.e bump the exposure) but can't seem to select multiple images to copy and paste adjustments.

If I select a group of images in the main Album (first image) and then select Edit (second image) I lose the multiple selection. I can copy and paste image adjustments individually but can't select a group of them and apply.

This article says you can??

https://www.cultofmac.com/309797/make-photos-much-better-5-super-quick-tips-ipho to/

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 4:44 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2017 10:44 AM in response to marc smith6

That article is 2 years old. It was written before the last version of iPhoto, 9.6.1, was released. One can select multiple photos to edit and enter the Edit mode but only one is selected at a time in that mode to edit. However, one can do the following;

1 - edit the first photo.

2 - Control (right) - click on the photo and select "Copy Adjustments" from the contextual menu.

3 - user the right arrow key on the keyboard to move to the next photo.

4 - Control (right) - click on the photo and select "Paste Adjustments".

5 - right arrow to the next photo and repeat Steps 4 & 5 till all are edited.

User uploaded file

Don't know what the website was referring to as I've never seen bath editing except as I've described above.

User uploaded file

Nov 14, 2017 12:12 PM in response to marc smith6

So why does the Cult of Mac article say 'Edit multiple?

The article is a bit misleading. Read carefully. It says:

"You'll then get to apply any of the Quick Fixes, Effects or more advanced Adjustments on a per-picture basis, just all in the same window."

You have still to apply the adjustment to each individual phot, but all are collected in one window, to make it easier to navigate between them.

iPhoto multiple adjustments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.