Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to drag and drop files to folders in Hi Sierra

Since upgrading to Hi Sierra I can no longer simply drag and drop files to folders. I now have to hold the file over the folder until it opens. Is this normal or a bug?

MACBOOK AIR (13-INCH, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:08 AM

Hi,

I Found this Solution I hope it helps

If you can’t move or copy an item, you might need to change its permissions settings. You might also need to change permissions settings for the disk, server, or folder where you want to move the item.

1. Select the item, then choose File > Get Info, or press Command-I.
  2. Click the disclosure triangle next to Sharing & Permissions to expand the section.
  3. Click the pop-up menu next to your user name to see the permissions settings.If you’re not logged in as an administrator, you may need to click the lock icon User uploaded file and enter an administrator name and password.
  4. Change the permissions to either Read & Write or “Read only.”If you need to, also change the permissions for the location where you want to put the item.

If you can’t change the permissions, contact an administrator of your Mac or the owner of the file or folder.

Regards

Max Persian

Kindly Mark Answer as helpful or Answered if it helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 5:08 AM in response to johntango

Hi,

I Found this Solution I hope it helps

If you can’t move or copy an item, you might need to change its permissions settings. You might also need to change permissions settings for the disk, server, or folder where you want to move the item.

1. Select the item, then choose File > Get Info, or press Command-I.
  2. Click the disclosure triangle next to Sharing & Permissions to expand the section.
  3. Click the pop-up menu next to your user name to see the permissions settings.If you’re not logged in as an administrator, you may need to click the lock icon User uploaded file and enter an administrator name and password.
  4. Change the permissions to either Read & Write or “Read only.”If you need to, also change the permissions for the location where you want to put the item.

If you can’t change the permissions, contact an administrator of your Mac or the owner of the file or folder.

Regards

Max Persian

Kindly Mark Answer as helpful or Answered if it helps.

Unable to drag and drop files to folders in Hi Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.