Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to do an update without wifi.

I have an Iphone 6 with unlimited data plan with my carrier. I am trying to do an update but it seems that there is no way to be able to do it without a wifi connection.

I am sure there is a way to be able to enable my device to make these update without wifi.

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 5:16 PM

I agree. I also have an unlimited plan which replaced my in-home WiFi so you have to get creative when trying to update or download large apps. If you have a laptop you can tether your phone to your laptop and use iTunes to update, or if you have another device on your unlimited plan you can just tether to that device. I usually just connect to my wife’s iPhone and grab updates that way or to download large apps. Works!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 5:16 PM in response to jean-francois-from-quebec

I agree. I also have an unlimited plan which replaced my in-home WiFi so you have to get creative when trying to update or download large apps. If you have a laptop you can tether your phone to your laptop and use iTunes to update, or if you have another device on your unlimited plan you can just tether to that device. I usually just connect to my wife’s iPhone and grab updates that way or to download large apps. Works!

How to do an update without wifi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.