Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Control Panel Disappeared

I have an iPhone X and besides the common glitches that have been happening king to everyone, recently my control panel disappeared. When I swipe down from the top right, instead of accessing my control panel, my notifications appear. She. I swipe down from the left, the notifications still appear as well. Basically, I now have notifications appearing when I swipe down from either corner and it’s very annoying. I’ve poked around the settings and can’t find any options to customize or change the swipe from top gestures. Did I accidentally change a setting? Is this a glitch? If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 6:43 AM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2017 6:10 AM in response to cdog151

Hello cdog151,

Congratulations on your new iPhone X! It's my understanding that when swiping down you're unable to access the Control Center. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, I recommend reinstalling iOS with iTunes. This can resolve possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if the issue continues. Include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a great day!

iPhone X Control Panel Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.