Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphics Driver Update 6.3 - External Display not recognized

Macbook Pro 11.5 (Mid 2015), Windows 10 Build 15063, Graphics Driver Update for Boot Camp v 6.3

After installing the latest graphics driver update, my external display (Dell U2415 via DisplayPort) is no longer recognized. Performing a system restore to roll back the driver update fixed the issue.

Anyone else see similar issues with this driver release? Is there a better way to alert devs to boot camp driver issues?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 10, MB Pro 11.5

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 7:13 AM

11 replies

Nov 13, 2017 8:05 AM in response to Loner T

Nope, just referring to the update v 6.3 pushed by the Apple Software update utility for windows. I am not sure what version of the actual AMD driver is included in the "6.3 driver update" distributed by Apple, but I imagine it is a version or two behind for validation purposes.

Does anyone recommend going with direct AMD updates over apple "certified" ones?

Thanks for the help.

Nov 13, 2017 10:01 AM in response to username0202

I am having the same issue after getting the "Graphics Driver Update for Boot Camp" v6.3 over the weekend through Apple Software Update for Windows. (Ironically was supposed to IMPROVE things, of course)

I am only able to get my external Dell display (via DisplayPort/Thunderbolt) to function if I select "duplicate" - "extend" no longer works. 😟

In addition, the display does not wake when booting into Windows - I must go into Display Settings and re-select (the already selected) "duplicate" mode for it to wake and display anything.

About to go roll-back... :/

- Chip

Nov 13, 2017 10:10 AM in response to username0202

0202, what method did you use to roll-back drivers? Windows system restore doesn't list this driver update. Apple support suggested I download and re-install the Boot Camp driver set from the MacOS side, but I'm curious if you did it differently/better

Also curious if the clearly-labelled "For Boot Camp" drivers on AMD's site would be a preferable option...

- Chip

Nov 13, 2017 10:22 AM in response to username0202

I wound up going into Manage > Device Manager > Display Adapters > AMD Radeon R9 M370X > Driver (tab) and found the "Roll Back Driver" there, which is what I suspect you used.

Got my "extend" functionality back. Thanks for making this post - think this was a better solution than re-running the Boot Camp driver package installer, and I wouldn't have gone looking for that without this...

Mine also currently says 2/9/16 version 15.301.2101.0. Sorry I didn't note what the v6.3 update had put in there.

- Chip

Graphics Driver Update 6.3 - External Display not recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.