Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I need you to help me reset my notes app password.

I’m using my new iPhone 8plus on iOS 11.1.1. And I’m trying to remember notes password but I can’t. I had set notes password on my previous iPhone 5s (iOS 10.3.3) around 10 months ago and I was using Touch ID before to unlock them. I’ve tried to reset password but it doesn’t work for old notes. I want to look through my notes again. There are very necessary for me. Please, do something with soft to make my dreams come true. Thank you!

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Thank you. But I want to solve this problem. How to send my experience immediately into Apple corp/support? Just to help them with new upcoming soft (notes settings).

Posted on

Nov 13, 2017 8:52 AM in response to AlisaWalker In response to AlisaWalker

This probably isn't what you want to hear but see the following from Keep your notes secure with password-protection - Apple Support

If you forgot your notes password

You can unlock a note only when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can reset your password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. It will, however, let you password protect any notes that you create from that point forward with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

If you have multiple passwords, you can't tell which password you should use when you look at your notes in the Notes list. When you open a note locked by your old password but enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old one. If you then enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one.

User uploaded file

Reset your notes password

When you reset your Notes password, it doesn't delete or change the password of your notes that are already locked. If you have a note that uses an old password, you can update it to the new password when you enter the old password, remove the old password, then apply your new password to the note.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > Notes > Password.
  2. Tap Reset Password.
  3. Enter your Apple ID password.
  4. Tap Reset Notes Password again.
  5. Enter your new password and password hint.

On your Mac:

1. Open Notes.
  2. In the menu bar, click Notes > Reset Password > OK.
  3. Enter your Apple ID password.
  4. Click Reset Password.
  5. Enter your new password and password hint.

Nov 13, 2017 8:52 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: AlisaWalker

Question: I need you to help me reset my notes app password.