Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi calling issue since iOS 11.0

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1.1, Sprint

I have been having an issue with Wi-Fi calling dropping off since I updated to iOS 11.0.

When I got my 7 Plus (on iOS 10), Wi-Fi calling worked beautifully. It continued to work perfectly all the way through iOS 10.3.3. Ever since I upgraded to 11.0 my Wi-Fi calling regularly drops off. The phone still stays on Wi-Fi, just the Wi-Fi calling part drops. I get it back instantly by rebooting my phone but it eventually drops off again. Airplane mode does not bring it back. I have made no settings or apps changes to my iPhone. Nor have I made changes to my network (LAN or wireless). I am using a Cisco Meraki MX64 with MR33 for wireless My WAN speed is consistent at 115/35. I am a network engineer - there is NOTHING wrong with my network. My phone is normally within 25 feet of the WAP (where it always kept Wi-Fi calling without issue on iOS 10.3.3).

I have read bits and pieces of Wi-Fi calling issues around the www's but thought I would post this here so others with this issue can also post their experience.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 7:52 AM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 7:17 AM in response to alceryes3

Hello alceryes3,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after updating to iOS 11, Wi-Fi Calling unexpectedly drops. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved. I'm happy to help.

Please follow the remaining steps below:
  1. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
  4. Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.
  5. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling

Let us know if the issue persists. Be sure to include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

Wi-Fi calling issue since iOS 11.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.