Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar 9.0 - don't show GMT

I entered a new appointment in Calendar today, and noticed for the first time that the time showed GMT as well as EST, thus: "2:30 PM (7:30 PM GMT)" This hasn't happened before. I'm not much interested in the time in Greenwich, England. How do I get Calendar to stop showing GMT? I've looked in Settings and can't find anything that seems to make a difference.

(This is on an iMac running macOS Sierra 10.12.6)

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:42 AM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2017 7:23 AM in response to Duchy777

I’m not syncing with other calendars, but thanks for your interesting observation. I note that the GMT info shows up in different forms: in the pop up box in which you enter the information, it appears as “2:30 pm (7:30 pm GMT)”; in month view on my iMac as “(-5 hrs GMT)”; and that info doesn’t appear at all in a printed calendar. Neither does it appear on my iPad, which I sync with my iMac. This is not a catastrophic problem for me—I can always just ignore it. I just wondered why the Calendar program suddenly started doing this.

Calendar 9.0 - don't show GMT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.