Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to group objects in iOS Keynote after document is created?

Using iPad Air iOS (11.0) Keynote - I’ve created a multi-page Family Flow Chart with several generations i.e. names, connectings lines, etc. I didn’t think about grouping until I finished the document. Is it possible to group objects in iOS Keynote after document is created? If so, please explain the process. Thanks!

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 7:51 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2017 7:50 AM in response to Blessedshopper

Hi Blessedshopper,

If I am understanding your post correctly you are wanting some information on grouping objects in Keynote for iOS. The following article describes what you may be looking to accomplish.

Keynote for iOS (iPad): Layer, group, and lock objects

Group or ungroup objects

1. Touch and hold an object, then with another finger, tap the other objects you want to select.
  2. Lift your fingers, then tap Group.

User uploaded file

To ungroup objects, tap the group, then tap Ungroup.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a wonderful day!

Nov 14, 2017 9:27 AM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks Starr.C,

I am familiar with the procedure you described in your answer and, have used it. What I was attempting to accomplish was finding an easy way to perform the task of “grouping“ an entire page at one time (after doc was created). So, I found the answer. If you click on the body of the Keynote doc you’ve created...the action comes up: “select all” and instantly your entire doc is highlighted and you can then select “group” or lock, etc.

Thanks again for your assistance.

”Blessedshopper”

Is it possible to group objects in iOS Keynote after document is created?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.