Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows open up behind current tab

Ok, not to sure how to explain this.

I am going to a page yify Tv where you can watch movies online.

if you click in the search bar you get a load of windows which automatically jump and open up to the side in new tabs (Russian women. flash is out of date etc 😊 it also happens on some other sites I use (yes movies) which wasnt to bad as I could close them after they had opened.

I have reset safari. Now when I go to Yify tv and I click in the search bar one page may open up to the side, but a load are now opening up behind my open tap onto the desktop if that makes sense. So if I close all my open tabs there is a load of pop ups? on my desk top.

I have stop pop ups ticked but it has never worked even before I reset safari which didn't bother me anyway.

I just don't know what to reselect or to tick anything to stop all the stuff opening up onto the desk to rather than new tabs alongside my current tab.

Thanks for any help.

Im running safari 10.1.2

Yosemite 10.10.5

I don't have any extensions at all.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 9:12 AM

1. Click  in the menu bar and choose “Force Quit”.

In the window that opens up, select “Safari” and click “Force Quit.

2. Relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.

Additional steps if needed:

3. Turn off wifi and turn it back on.

Turn off Wifi. Click Wifi icon in the menu bar and select “Turn Wifi off”.

Visit another website.

You won’t have internet connection.

Turn on Wifi. Click Wifi icon in the menu bar and select “Turn Wifi on”.

Select your Network.

4. Click Safari in the Safari menu bar and choose “Clear History”.

Select an appropriate time frame.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 9:12 AM in response to DoogyDawg

1. Click  in the menu bar and choose “Force Quit”.

In the window that opens up, select “Safari” and click “Force Quit.

2. Relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.

Additional steps if needed:

3. Turn off wifi and turn it back on.

Turn off Wifi. Click Wifi icon in the menu bar and select “Turn Wifi off”.

Visit another website.

You won’t have internet connection.

Turn on Wifi. Click Wifi icon in the menu bar and select “Turn Wifi on”.

Select your Network.

4. Click Safari in the Safari menu bar and choose “Clear History”.

Select an appropriate time frame.

Nov 13, 2017 11:13 PM in response to DoogyDawg

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.

If that doesn't work, try running this program in your normal account , then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

windows open up behind current tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.