Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone x battery draining so fast.

I charge full 100% for my iPhone x and turn the airplane mode on for the night I go to sleep. 5hrs later I check the battery have 55% left even I don’t use my phone. I never ever have this happen in my iPhone 7 Plus. Is Anybody have this happen in iPhone x.

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2018 3:07 AM

Unfortunately I have the same issue. Went to bed 97% charged (set to airplane mode) and woke up at 35%!!!

The battery usage did not show anything different than during the day - this is really weird...

35 replies

Feb 7, 2018 7:00 AM in response to SMoran98

SMoran98 wrote:

Seriously?! Panties on a knot? Hey, when one pays $1000+ for a phone, the phone shoud perform seamlessly. My iPhone X is officially THE WORST iPhone I have ever owned.

Two months now, I have 5 days 3hours on Roam and talk -- yet the battery dies after 4 hrs of fun time

Not sure why you addressed me when the comment was not directed to you? Of course you can be irritated if your phone is not working to your satisfaction. It's under warranty, so schedule an Appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation.

Jan 16, 2018 2:24 PM in response to SMoran98

Tens of thousands? Where did you get this "fact" from. Just curious. I have two iPhone X. No battery drain whatsoever on iOS 11.2.2. None of my friends with iPhone X on 11.2.2 are experiencing battery drain. I'm not arguing that some people are, but let's not exaggerate the numbers. A restore will likely fix this for those who are having issues.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Jan 19, 2018 7:35 AM in response to sterg1o

Probably something you carried over from the backup of your previous phone. I am now on day three with my X without having to recharge. Most people are not having battery issues on their X. I would recommend you restore your phone. It's not really difficult to do a restore. Follow the directions in this link:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Dec 7, 2017 6:50 AM in response to deshraaj

The battery in both our iPhone X is the longest lasting battery of any iPhone we've ever owned. If you've checked Settings > Battery and there is no obvious reason for the battery drain, you should restore your phone as new and bring things over little by little, then check battery life after each addition to see if you had something in your previous backup that is causing unusual battery usage. It may be painful, but it seems you've brought something over from your backup that isn't playing well on your new phone.

Jan 18, 2018 8:18 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Words of irrelevance thanks for that champ !

New battery & new tech running in the 8 & X ... the IOS 111.2.2 (& 11.2.1) the update was designed it seems for new(er) iphone users only in mind ... older iphone users are having major issues with the past two updates ... now unless you are using an older iPhone please excuse yourself from the conversion ... apple will continue to do this, so everyone will either have to upgrade their handset to cope with the demand of their IOS or venture to the other side ... sad but true

Jan 19, 2018 6:03 AM in response to DamKC

When you purchase the forum, you can tell me what conversations I can participate in. Otherwise, you don't get to tell me what to do at all. The post I was commenting on is about iPhone X, not older phones to begin with.

And by the way, since your panties are in a know, Tim Cook announced yesterday an iOS update is coming in the coming weeks which will let you opt out of the throttle slowdown altogether is you so choose. Your phone may run faster, but may also be subject to shutdowns if you do opt out. Still, it will be your choice.

iPhone x battery draining so fast.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.