Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone x battery draining so fast.

I charge full 100% for my iPhone x and turn the airplane mode on for the night I go to sleep. 5hrs later I check the battery have 55% left even I don’t use my phone. I never ever have this happen in my iPhone 7 Plus. Is Anybody have this happen in iPhone x.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Go to Settings > Battery and see what's running your battery down.

My iPhone X battery is the longest lasting battery I've EVER owned on an iPhone. I'm getting two days use routinely.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 7, 2017 6:40 AM in response to Kimmy’s In response to Kimmy’s

iPhone X battery getting hot and draining fast as well, even 'background app refresh' is off and i don't keep that many apps in my iphone. It get hot even its not changing, and battery go off 1% in 2-3 min when not even in use. what could be wrong? what to do? any suggestion?

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Nov 13, 2017 8:31 AM in response to Kimmy’s In response to Kimmy’s

Go to Settings > Battery and see what's running your battery down.

My iPhone X battery is the longest lasting battery I've EVER owned on an iPhone. I'm getting two days use routinely.

Nov 13, 2017 8:31 AM

Reply Helpful (6)
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 7, 2017 6:40 AM in response to Kimmy’s In response to Kimmy’s

iPhone X battery getting hot and draining fast as well, even 'background app refresh' is off and i don't keep that many apps in my iphone. It get hot even its not changing, and battery go off 1% in 2-3 min when not even in use. what could be wrong? what to do? any suggestion?

Dec 7, 2017 6:40 AM

Reply Helpful (23)

Dec 7, 2017 6:50 AM in response to deshraaj In response to deshraaj

The battery in both our iPhone X is the longest lasting battery of any iPhone we've ever owned. If you've checked Settings > Battery and there is no obvious reason for the battery drain, you should restore your phone as new and bring things over little by little, then check battery life after each addition to see if you had something in your previous backup that is causing unusual battery usage. It may be painful, but it seems you've brought something over from your backup that isn't playing well on your new phone.

Dec 7, 2017 6:50 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 1:46 AM in response to Kimmy’s In response to Kimmy’s

I have bought 2 days ago an iPhone X and i have the same problem. When I go to sleep at night i activate Airplane Mode not to waste battery at night. When i wake up, Battery use hours registry increases 7h and my battery drains a 10%.

Dec 12, 2017 1:46 AM

Reply Helpful (4)

Dec 12, 2017 3:39 AM in response to Joserratlv In response to Joserratlv

Again look at what was using the battery over those 7 hrs.

for the last 3 night i have fully charged my X...went to bed and you know what......woke up still at 100%

I'm wondering if because you just got it....and im guessing updated to 11.2 that maybe its not doing "clean up maintance" during the night and should get better

Dec 12, 2017 3:39 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 13, 2017 5:36 PM in response to Kimmy’s In response to Kimmy’s

Having the exact same issue. I can't get more than 11 hours of STANDBY on this phone. The worst part is that there is nothing using significant battery when I go to settings. The top is 20% and that is active use. I don't get it, but the battery is awful.

Dec 13, 2017 5:36 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 16, 2018 2:24 PM in response to SMoran98 In response to SMoran98

Tens of thousands? Where did you get this "fact" from. Just curious. I have two iPhone X. No battery drain whatsoever on iOS 11.2.2. None of my friends with iPhone X on 11.2.2 are experiencing battery drain. I'm not arguing that some people are, but let's not exaggerate the numbers. A restore will likely fix this for those who are having issues.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Jan 16, 2018 2:24 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 18, 2018 8:18 PM in response to rbrylawski In response to rbrylawski

Words of irrelevance thanks for that champ !

New battery & new tech running in the 8 & X ... the IOS 111.2.2 (& 11.2.1) the update was designed it seems for new(er) iphone users only in mind ... older iphone users are having major issues with the past two updates ... now unless you are using an older iPhone please excuse yourself from the conversion ... apple will continue to do this, so everyone will either have to upgrade their handset to cope with the demand of their IOS or venture to the other side ... sad but true

Jan 18, 2018 8:18 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 18, 2018 8:40 PM in response to DamKC In response to DamKC

You’ve GOT to be kidding!

I’ve only had this phone going on 2 weeks. The rep at AT&TT downloaded the info from my 6

to my new and better(NOT!!) X.

If in fact it does have to restored, I better get compensated in some way!

So disappointed!

Jan 18, 2018 8:40 PM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: Kimmy’s

Question: iPhone x battery draining so fast.