Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

used 2nd generation wont restore

bought an ipod touch 2nd gen I think of ebay, yes I know never a good idea. I cant get it to work, I have tried a restore a full reset ect ect but nothing, should I just throw it away or can it be fixed??

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:39 AM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2017 1:06 PM in response to Therm123

There's a crucial difference between Reset and Restore. It sounds as though your iPod needs a Restore and that a simple Reset will not work, so you need to ensure that you have tried the Restore function, not just a reset.. Check this article from Apple; If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support which should help. Read past the bits about iPhone X, 8 and 7 but read and refer to anything that mentions the iPod Touch.

In particular, check the section headed If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up which deals with an iPod stuck at the point yours is.

Before it directs you back here, there is another section headed If you need more help. Somehow it should be possible to get your iPod going again.

Nov 21, 2017 1:50 AM in response to the fiend

Hi thanks for your reply, the symptoms are that the screen shows iTunes logo with the vertical power cable, suggesting I should connect it to iTunes on a pc, but this has been done many times and it won’t reset / restore etc. I feel it has been corrupted in some way but though I could get it back to working order but so far with no success.

Regards

used 2nd generation wont restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.