Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Related Article

How to move your content to a new Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can I selectively NOT transfer some of the content - e.g. I would prefer not to transfer Aperture and its library across to the new MacBook

I am upgrading from an Early 2013 13" MacBook Pro retina to a new 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar, Touch ID. In planning for the set-up, I would like to transfer some, but not all of the contents across. As an example I have Aperture and its library on the old MB and I don't want to transfer it across. Similarly with some old apps that I have changed out. Will migration assistant allow me to selectively NOT transfer some apps and files to the new Mac Book?

Thx

Posted on

There are no replies.
User profile for user: Lariat13

Question: Can I selectively NOT transfer some of the content - e.g. I would prefer not to transfer Aperture and its library across to the new MacBook