Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Selecting a Contact to Text

Hi friends,

I have noticed that every since I updated to IOS 11 I have been having issues texting people. When I want to text someone from either my Contact list or from a missed call or previous call, I simply click on their name and select "message" (or I click the Information icon if I want to text someone from my call history) and what this is supposed to do is prompt me to the text screen where I can text said individual. Sometimes, this is not the case. Sometimes when I select someone to send a text message, it takes me to the Message screen but it does not populate the screen where I can text the person I selected to send a text message rather it takes me to the Messages screen where all of my texts (from all others that I have been texting) are saved. This is very annoying. Sometimes I have to select someone more than 4 times before I can actually send them a text message.

Anyone else having or had this issue and know what to do or how should I fix this? I have an Iphone 7 (latest updates on it too). I have never had this problem before with any of my Iphones nor with this one after I updated to IOS 11... a few months ago!

iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 9:23 AM

There are no replies.

Problem Selecting a Contact to Text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.