Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My MacBook Air (Mid 2012) version 10.12.6 will not wake up from sleep after 60 second instead it reboots when trying to wake it. I have reset NVRAM and SMC this didn't help. What else should I try?

MacBook Air (Mid 2012), 2GHz i7, 2 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,500GB storage.

macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

My MacBook Air will not wake up from sleep mode after 60 seconds instead it reboots when trying to wake it.

I have reset NVRAM and SMC this didn't help. What else should I try?

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 3:01 PM in response to kevandh In response to kevandh

Hi kevandh!

I understand that your MacBook Air isn't waking from sleep mode as expected, and I'm happy to help. Please review this support article for troubleshooting advice:

If your Mac doesn‘t sleep or wake when expected

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Nov 16, 2017 3:01 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 21, 2017 3:58 AM in response to joe_7399 In response to joe_7399

After working with online support and not getting the problem resolved I took the MacBook to an Apple store. They couldn't find the issue and wanted to send it to Apple for repair. Due to the age and cost I chose not to do this so I'm retiring it. Thank you

Nov 21, 2017 3:58 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: kevandh

Question: My MacBook Air (Mid 2012) version 10.12.6 will not wake up from sleep after 60 second instead it reboots when trying to wake it. I have reset NVRAM and SMC this didn't help. What else should I try?