Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change Apple Mail "Reply" and Reply All" to include the full address details in the reply header

How do I change Apple Mail "Reply" and Reply All" to include the full address details in the reply header, like Apple Mail does in the "Forward email" forward header?

- Instead of the current Apple Mail Reply header which says:

"On Nov 10, 2017, at 6:54 PM, name <address> wrote:"

- Can I specify a Rely header like the Forward header which says:

Subject: Old Subject

Date: November 10, 2017 at 6:54:28 PM PST

To: Name <address>

Cc: n <a>, n <a>

I hope that Apple will provide an option to "Include Full Address Details in Replies" in "Settings". I have asked this question at Apple Stores and on a tech call, but gotten a "someday" ... since I started using the Apple Mail program 2 years ago on my Mac Mini.

I see this is an old question - though the subject seems to have lapsed ...

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 8:21 AM Fredo Level 1 Level 1 (45 points) Q: More detail in reply header

When replying to an email, Mail inserts a one line header that says something like "on Date/Time, User wrote". My previous email programs used a header with much more detail including the list of addresses that received the previous email. Is there any way to have Mail use a more detailed reply header? iMac Intel, MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Mac mini (Late 2012), iOS 11.1, null

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 11:19 AM

There are no replies.

How do I change Apple Mail "Reply" and Reply All" to include the full address details in the reply header

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.