Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Devices on Apple ID list

My iMac is not a listed device on the Apple ID list but my iPhone and iPad are. Where and how can I get it listed?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 13, 2017 11:40 AM in response to Leif a In response to Leif a

If you are still running OS X 10.6.8 as indicated in your signature, you can't. See the following from Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Add a device to the list

After you sign in on a device with your Apple ID, that device appears in the list. Here's where you need to sign in:

• For iOS 9 and later, sign in to iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, the iTunes and App Store, or Game Center on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.
  • For iOS 8, sign in to iCloud or the iTunes and App Store on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.
  • For OS X Yosemite and later or Windows 10 and later, sign in to iCloud on the device.
  • For tvOS 7 and later, sign in to the iTunes and App Store on the device.
  • If any of your devices are using earlier versions of iOS, OS X, or tvOS, you won’t see them in your device list.

Nov 13, 2017 11:40 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 1:10 PM in response to FoxFifth In response to FoxFifth

I have OS X 10.9.5. I have signed in to iTunes and Apple Store. Still I can't see my IMac on the device list. But I also have a message coming up all the time that I cannot connect to iCloud because of a problem with my mail adress...@ääääää.com. I go to iCloud preferences as asked, I write the password, I get message on my iPhone to verify but here is no space anywhere to write the verification number, which should be written after the password

Nov 13, 2017 1:10 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 5:54 AM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

Thank you so far but where and how do I upgrade to Yosemite? I have now OS X 10.9.5 (13F1911). I have tried on Apple Store purchased and upgrades but Yosemite does not appear and I do not want macOS High Sierra as is offered in updates. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Nov 14, 2017 5:54 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Leif a

Question: Devices on Apple ID list