Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Mac OS High Sierra

I upgraded to 10.13.1 today. When the upgrade was finished, to my dismay, my Documents folder was completely changed-- everything I kept in it was gone and moved to a folder called Recents. I was horrified; I was backed up on Time Machine, so I was able to return everything to the Documents folder. What is this Recents folder? There's no mention of it in any info on what's new with this upgrade.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3), Sierra 10.12.4

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Recents has replaced All My Files. Recents is not a folder as such it is an alias and the contents within are still in their same locations. If you open a Finder window and select an item in Recents you will see where the item is located on your mac if you have selected Show Path Bar for the View menubar item.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 13, 2017 11:46 AM in response to Nancy Blazis In response to Nancy Blazis

Recents has replaced All My Files. Recents is not a folder as such it is an alias and the contents within are still in their same locations. If you open a Finder window and select an item in Recents you will see where the item is located on your mac if you have selected Show Path Bar for the View menubar item.

Nov 13, 2017 11:46 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 13, 2017 12:46 PM in response to Eau Rouge In response to Eau Rouge

Thanks for the explanation! I inadvertently trashed everything that was in the Recents folder! I was backed up on Time Machine and was able to put everything back in the Documents folder. I should have read your explanation first about the replacement of All My Files. I don't suppose you have any magical solution to restoring everything that was in the new Recents folder?

Nov 13, 2017 12:46 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Nancy Blazis

Question: Mac OS High Sierra