Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone broke, so Apple replaced my broke phone with a brand new one. I can’t figure out how to get my pictures back ?

So yesterday my IPhone basically almost caught on fire, since it was fried and no longer working I took it to the Apple store. Of course they replaced it with a brand new iPhone and took my old one. Now I have no clue how to retrieve the pictures from my old phone, and they were very important pictures from the last 2 years. I have no idea how to get all my pictures back.

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 1:48 PM

Were you possibly using iCloud Photo Library? If not, then yes, your photos would be lost. Had you backed up the phone at any point in the past? If you have a backup, you can restore to that latest backup, and your photos at that point would be there.

10 replies

Nov 14, 2017 3:50 PM in response to Laceyramage

Laceyramage wrote:

I had an iCloud but all it saved was albums I’ve shared in the past, not my photo stream. This *****. Two years worth of pictures just gone. I wonder if there is any way apple could send my phone back so I could download it to a computer.

Apple doesn't have your pictures. If you didn't take the responsibility to back up your pictures, they're gone.

I noticed above that you said you "never got the chance" to back up. Backing up is not something that you wait to do until you have a problem. It's something you do regularly, ideally, every day.

You should start backing up now so that the next time something goes wrong, you won't lose data.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

For photos, I also like Google photos. I like to have multiple back ups.

Nov 18, 2017 12:30 PM in response to SharonBD

SharonBD wrote:

My SE went bonkers right away. Fought with Apple for a week 5 hours at a time. They finally sent me a replacement which is worse! I swear! My insurance is on there, the initial warranty wasn’t/and still isn’t out but looks like the fight is about to start all over again. ****** comes nowhere near how I feel!

What does that have to do with this thread about recovering photos? So, you have a device that was replaced, was no longer under warranty, and you are experiencing problems. I suggest you begin your own thread, describing your problems so you can get some help. Apple does not provide insurance, so if your device is no longer under warranty, but you have insurance on it, then you need to contact the insurance carrier to handle a covered replacement. Apple does not honor those insurance claims and you would have to pay for out of warranty replacement on a phone out of warranty.

My iphone broke, so Apple replaced my broke phone with a brand new one. I can’t figure out how to get my pictures back ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.