Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received notice of malware virus. What should I do?

Malware virus on MacBook. What should I do?

MacBook, macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 10:50 AM

4 replies

Nov 13, 2017 3:18 PM in response to nakoma

Learn how to identify and avoid fraudulent "phishing" email, fake ‘virus alerts’ and other scams:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204759

How to report phishing emails to Apple:

These email addresses are monitored by Apple, but you might not receive a reply to your report.

• If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, please send it to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, please send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, tap Report Junk under the message, or take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and send it to imessage.spam@apple.com.
  • If you receive a suspicious message about your purchase activity in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store, contact iTunes Support.

Received notice of malware virus. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.