Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my @iCloud.com email if it's no longer my Apple ID?

I already tried going into My Account page to Remove/Delete it and also via my updated iPhone but it doesn't give me the option. It only gives me the option to delete my current Apple ID which is a third-party email. The @iCloud.com email was my first to be associated with my Apple ID I think. And it was the same as my original gmail only instead of @gmail.com it was @iCloud.com That Gmail is now deleted or forgotten so I wanna remove all connections to it.

Especially when Google doesn't respect privacy but Apple does. In fact, Google and Samsung stole Apple's touchscreen technology but that's an issue for another time.

Also, would anyone with access to my Gmail be able to sign-in to my Apple ID since the @iCloud.com is the same as my Gmail only it's @iCloud.com? I enabled two-factor authentication recently. I have just changed my iCloud password, had all iCloud devices sign-out, then I logged back in. Because I guess somebody was hacking/hacked my account or had access to it, because Apple was asking me to create a new password, verify myself,...

I just got a new iPhone and I still have my old one. I had to delete my old one which has 10.3.3 btw from list of trusted devices when I thought I had already done so both remotely and then by wiping it via recovery mode while plugged-into my macbook.

MACBOOK AIR (13-INCH, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:01 PM

You can only change the @icloud.com address to an @icloud.com associated with the account - I would doubt there are any since it won't recognize aliases; from your description you don't have the earlier versions, @mac.com or @me.com. I assume that when you used the Gmail address to create an Apple ID and then created an iCloud account you chose the same text to put before the '@icloud.com'. You can't change this. As long as you've changed the password to something strong, and as you've enabled two-factor authorisation, nobody should be able to get into your account even if they were able to guess the ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 2:01 PM in response to LeonSKennedy

You can only change the @icloud.com address to an @icloud.com associated with the account - I would doubt there are any since it won't recognize aliases; from your description you don't have the earlier versions, @mac.com or @me.com. I assume that when you used the Gmail address to create an Apple ID and then created an iCloud account you chose the same text to put before the '@icloud.com'. You can't change this. As long as you've changed the password to something strong, and as you've enabled two-factor authorisation, nobody should be able to get into your account even if they were able to guess the ID.

How do I delete my @iCloud.com email if it's no longer my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.