Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Activate Speakerphone When Using Keypad

I like to make a lot of phone calls using my iPhone 7 using the speakerphone. Or check my voice mail using the speakerphone. It dials the number and there is not the option to turn on the speakerphone. The only button is to hang up.

How do I make a phone call or check my voice mail in the speakerphone mode?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 3:13 PM

I believe if you tap the button that says "Hide", it should hide the keypad and show you the standard button setup that is visible when you are in a phone call. That will include the Mute, Keypad, Speaker, etc.

8 replies

Nov 14, 2017 1:31 PM in response to Lawrence Hammer

Hello Lawrence Hammer,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your calls. When you make a call, you do not see the speaker icon to switch between the receiver and the speaker?

Tap User uploaded file in the upper-right corner of your screen to switch playback between the speaker and receiver.

That information comes from this help article: If you can‘t hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn‘t clear on your iPhone

If you do not see that icon to switch, I recommend forcing the Phone app to close: Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then, restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch .

Test if it shows then. Let us know if we can help with this more. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Nov 14, 2017 2:05 PM in response to brenden dv

When I press 'Voicemail' icon, the phone keypad comes up, it dials, and voicemail answers. There is not a speakerphone icon anywhere on the screen.

I do see the speakerphone icon on certain occasions and can use it. But not when using 'Keypad' dialer nor with the 'Voicemail' icon.

Access to the speakerphone icon is not reliable and I have not been able to figure out when I can access it.

I have tried a shutdown and a hard reset with no effect.

How Do I Activate Speakerphone When Using Keypad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.