Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My cellular data usage is through the roof!

I am on ios 11.3

I have a work-from-home job and it is rare that I leave the house. When I'm home all my electronics are connected to WiFi. I don't watch Netflix on my phone, I have my TV for that. I checked my "cellular data" usage and it said that from May 22nd I have used 147 GB's. Sounds pretty good. Except that my boyfriend just went into AT&T and informed me that for the month of October I used 85 GB's and for the month of September I used over 50 GB!

Now, something isn't adding up here and I am not exactly happy. What the **** is using that much data and why is my iPhone giving me a drastically different data usage number than my actual provider? Not to mention as of halfway through November's billing cycle I've used 2.35 GB according to AT&T. What is going on???

Also, why can I no longer see exactly which apps are using the most data? It used to say right under the app in Cellular but now it doesn't.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 12:43 PM

sarahfitz021390 wrote:

I am on ios 11.3

This is a big problem, as the latest currently released version of iOS is 11.1.1.

So you are apparently questioning unreleased software, which is not permitted in the Apple Support Communities. Nor should you expect unreleased software to work 100% perfectly at all times.

2 replies

My cellular data usage is through the roof!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.