Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7

hello!can i change my phone at the app store in miami,my friend will help me,I’ll pass him my phone,because I can’t arrive in usa,but in Russia my phone can’t be repaired because it’s number model A1660, iPhone 7 (256 memory)iPhone is on guarantee.

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:00 PM

Veronicahelpmeplease wrote:

hello!can i change my phone at the app store in miami,my friend will help me,I’ll pass him my phone,because I can’t arrive in usa,but in Russia my phone can’t be repaired because it’s number model A1660, iPhone 7 (256 memory)iPhone is on guarantee.

There is no such thing as a guarantee on the iPhone, there is a warranty. Are you saying that the phone you have was purchased in the US? If that is the case, then yes, someone can bring the device into an Apple Store in the US. They should make a Genius Bar appointment first to minimize the waiting. What Apple decides to do it up to them. They will explain the options to your friend.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 2:00 PM in response to Veronicahelpmeplease

There is no such thing as a guarantee on the iPhone, there is a warranty. Are you saying that the phone you have was purchased in the US? If that is the case, then yes, someone can bring the device into an Apple Store in the US. They should make a Genius Bar appointment first to minimize the waiting. What Apple decides to do it up to them. They will explain the options to your friend.

Nov 13, 2017 2:11 PM in response to Veronicahelpmeplease

Thanks for your answer,but this iPhone was gifted to me,and today in the apple service in Russia,one woman,employee,says,that this phone is not from Russia and I can change it only in USA or Europe.Ok,so, I start to fill Genius Bar,can I find it on this site?

A US phone cannot be serviced in the UK either. iPhone warranty replacements are restricted to the county of purchase. If the device was gifted to you, then you need to find out what country it was purchased in. I would hate for someone to make a trip to the US to see about service and find out they cannot get it done.

As far as a Genius Bar appointment, that would be started here, http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar and then choose the store you wish to make the appointment at.

iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.