Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Can't I update my phone ?

Hello, I have an iphone 6s plus and every time I try to update the phone, it says failed to verify update. I already tried updating the phone using itunes and a computer and I already restarted my phone. I also tried deleting the update and reinstalling it again but nothing works.

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 1:19 PM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2017 1:43 PM in response to stegemamna42

Hey stegemamna42,

I can see you're having some trouble getting your iPhone 6S updated. It's very important to have the latest software on your device and you've come to the right place for help. It sounds like you've tried some really good steps to resolve this but to no avail. No worries, I have some info that may help.

- Just to be sure, when you tried to update using iTunes on a computer, did you get an error message? If so, what did it say?
- Were you using the latest version of iTunes?
- Did you test this on more than one computer?

Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you see error messages in iTunes or need more space to update

Get help if you see error messages while updating your device with iTunes. Or if you need more space for an update, you can delete content from your device manually.

Let me know and we'll work on getting you updated together.

Cheers.

Nov 14, 2017 4:20 PM in response to stegemamna42

Hey stegemamna42,

Got it. It sounds like you may have a connections issue when attempting to download. Are these two computers using the same network? Are you able to test this in a different location with a reliable connection? If you're able to test this in a different location and continue to have the same issue, you may want to visit your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for more help.

This link can help you locate one in your area: Find Locations

Regards.

Why Can't I update my phone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.