Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't log into app store. caught in a loop where it doesn't recognise my computer only my iPad

Trying to upgrade from OS 10.7.5 to OS 10.8 before a bigger upgrade to High Sierra.

Purchased OS10.8 and trying to redeem on App Store but it won't let me log in without a verification code which it sends not to my computer but to my iPad.

Only recognises my iPad...

Password still working on computer or iPad to log in except when I try to do anything on App store.

Going round in circles!

User uploaded file

Trying to follow the instructions in red but when I type in password again expecting to get field for verification code, it just comes up with this:

User uploaded file

then sends another message to iPad saying that apple ID being used to sign into another device. I click Allow and it asks me to input ANOTHER verification code but there is no field to put it in as the computer thinks I have forgotten my password again. Can't get anywhere! Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:51 PM

On older OS X versions you may not get a prompt to enter the six-digit authentication code. In these cases, you would need to append the code to the Apple ID password. Ex: If your password is: mypassword, then enter: mypasswordNNNNNN instead. You would get the authentication code from one of your trusted devices.

Ref: Availability of two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 2:51 PM in response to sadiebugs

On older OS X versions you may not get a prompt to enter the six-digit authentication code. In these cases, you would need to append the code to the Apple ID password. Ex: If your password is: mypassword, then enter: mypasswordNNNNNN instead. You would get the authentication code from one of your trusted devices.

Ref: Availability of two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

can't log into app store. caught in a loop where it doesn't recognise my computer only my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.