Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how come i can hear when i go to the setting and set a ringtone i hear the sound but when i click on anything else the sound doesnt work ?

How can i get the headphone sign off ?

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:10 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 2:14 PM in response to Tahj10

Hey Tahj10,

Thanks for reaching out for help in Apple Support Communities. From your post, it sounds like your device is stuck in headphone mode. This can certainly be a reason why you're unable to hear ringtones and alerts. The good news is, you've come to the right place for help with this. Click the link below for more info.

If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode

If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode

When your iPhone gets stuck in headphone mode or won't recognize your headphones, get help.

User uploaded file

Do you have one of these issues?

• After you plug any headphones into your iOS device, sound plays from your device's speakers instead of the headphones.
  • You unplug your headphones, but when you adjust volume on your iOS device, you still see a Headphones volume indicator.

If the info here doesn't help, as the link mentions, you'll want to take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for inspection or contact Apple directly using Contact Apple Support .

Take care.

how come i can hear when i go to the setting and set a ringtone i hear the sound but when i click on anything else the sound doesnt work ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.