Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Latin as my system preference language on Mac?

I´m currently learning Latin and would like to have my user interface and system preferences in Latin. So I just wonder if there are any apps or plugins or something like that I could try

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:40 PM

4 replies

Nov 13, 2017 4:36 PM in response to Kunticus

Kunticus wrote:

I´m currently learning Latin and would like to have my user interface and system preferences in Latin. So I just wonder if there are any apps or plugins or something like that I could try

There's no way to do what you want on a Mac (or Windows or Linux as far as I know). MacOS does have Latin on its list of languages, and you could make it the Preferred Language, but that just means that if their were an app with a latin gui, that is what would display. I have never heard of such an app, however.

How do I get Latin as my system preference language on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.