Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment Verification

In my App Store I only get free items and when I go to update it’s always asking for payment verification first and won’t update then so I wanna know why?! This is a waste of my time.... I should have stuck with android phones. Also I have an iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:47 PM

If the card has zero dollars in it, then that is why it won't verify. You need to have a valid credit card. Log into your iTunes account and make sure you have a valid card there, and that the billing information in your account matches what the bank has.

4 replies

Nov 13, 2017 2:29 PM in response to Crawford1992

iTunes requires a valid payment method on file for identification purposes. You should have used a valid payment method when you created your Apple ID. All you need to do is update your payment method and you can get your content. That is why.

If you wish to go back to Android devices that is up to you. No one here will stop you. This is a user to user support forum, and Apple does not participate here. It is up to you to use whatever device best suits your purpose. Good luck.

Payment Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.