Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Lost iPhone in Australian bush - how to locate? will pay if recovered

Trying to find a lost iPhone 7 - details below

• was on airplane mode
  • says offline on icloud - apple have told me it must be out of battery
  • the phone number of the lost phone has been switched to a new phone
  • no Telstra towers near the location, unsure if triangulation is possible
  • filed a lost property report, was told you can only triangulate a phone if someone is in danger
  • unsure of serial number or IMEI

Is it possible to send this phone a 'ping'?

Is it possible to recover the 'last known location' if it has been more than 24 hours since it transmitted a location to find my iPhone? Do apple store this information?

We desperately need the contents of the lost phone and will pay for any info that leads to locating it.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 3:17 PM in response to KenyanPriest In response to KenyanPriest

No. Apple is not the one that store such information. It would be the carrier who owns the towers in that area. If the iPhone is in the condition you stated it to be in, I seriously doubt that any such information has been stored anywhere.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 13, 2017 3:02 PM in response to Allan Eckert In response to Allan Eckert

Thanks for the response Allan.

If icloud stored the 'last known location' for 24 hours, now that that 24 hours has passed, has that information been deleted? Do Apple still have access to this data? All we need is the 'last known location' so we can go and look for the phone..

Thanks

Nov 13, 2017 3:02 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 3:17 PM in response to KenyanPriest In response to KenyanPriest

No. Apple is not the one that store such information. It would be the carrier who owns the towers in that area. If the iPhone is in the condition you stated it to be in, I seriously doubt that any such information has been stored anywhere.

Nov 13, 2017 3:17 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: KenyanPriest

Question: Lost iPhone in Australian bush - how to locate? will pay if recovered