Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No message alert for one contact

Hi there. I have an iPhone 8 with most recent update. I am getting message alerts for every contact in my phone book except for one. The do not disturb is disabled, when I scroll to the left on the message thread, it’s showimg alerts on and I have deleted and re-added my one contact. Still, everytime he messages me, I don’t know it until I open our message thread. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Many thanks!

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 3:52 PM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2017 2:16 PM in response to DancingFit14

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities DancingFit14,

I see that you're not getting text message notifications from one of your contacts. I can understand your concern since it is only happening with one of your contacts, and I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's start by having you restart the iPhone and test to see if the issue remains:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If after restarting the iPhone the issue still remains, let's have you try to create a new message thread with this contact and see if the issue persists with the new thread. If the issue still remains when creating a new thread, reply back with the answers the the following questions:
1. Which version of iOS are you currently using?
2. Is this contact an iPhone user?
3. Have you ever gotten notifications from this contact?
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

No message alert for one contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.