Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car play

iPhone 6 Plus doesn’t preform all functions on my car play both vehicles like map functions and left menus have to back into main screen also it used to work have new cables and my wife’s iphone5s works perfectly both vehicles

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 3:39 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 2:15 PM in response to Oxfordokc

Hi Oxfordokc,

I understand that CarPlay does not do everything you expect when using your iPhone. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend checking out the last section of the following article:

Set up CarPlay with your iPhone

Get help

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, here’s what you can check. After each step, try using CarPlay again.

1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Learn more about CarPlay and driving and navigating safely.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Car play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.