Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini late 2014 macos highSierra stuck boot screen

Hello guys!

Today after turn on my mac, just realised it was taking too long than the usual to boot, and at sometime i just concluded it was stuck with the progress bar almost full.

At first, i just turned off holding the power button, then turned on again holding comman + R, and so I used the Disc Utility to check up if there were any corrupted files. Everything was okay, so I just restarted using the menu. Then again got on the boot screen with the full progress bar and no login window.

I have tried all the combinations:

command+P+R

command+R

hold shift to login on safe mode

shift + command +v

I really don't know what to do, and the boot screen's still there. Can someone help me? :/

Sorry about my grammar typos.

Mac mini, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2017 6:19 AM

I have called Apple Support and just followed these instructions:

1. Unplug your Mac from the jack and unplug the cable from Mac, wait 1 minute;
  2. Plug the cable in both parts, and as soon as you plug wait 5 seconds and then turn on, after turn on and you hear the chime press Command + R + P, you will see a black screen and hear again for two times the chime then after some seconds the Apple Logo will appear (this step did work for me in beginning);
  3. If you get stuck again with the progress bar, repeat it above again, but then you turn on your Mac holding Command + R, and you should see the Recovery Mode screen;
    Tip: If you don't have too much important files, I would recommend you to clear the hard drive to default and install form zero the OS X, because at a first moment I just used the Recovery Tool on Disk Utility and then reinstalled the OS with the option to not delete all files, and it didn't work, so I had to delete all disk files and install the OS from zero.
    If even after cleaning your HD and installing the OS from zero didn't work, then you'll need to bring your mac to an Apple Technical Assistance because it may be a problem with your hard drive.

I hope it help somehow, and again I apologize my grammar typos.

Good lucky!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2017 6:19 AM in response to kimomad

I have called Apple Support and just followed these instructions:

1. Unplug your Mac from the jack and unplug the cable from Mac, wait 1 minute;
  2. Plug the cable in both parts, and as soon as you plug wait 5 seconds and then turn on, after turn on and you hear the chime press Command + R + P, you will see a black screen and hear again for two times the chime then after some seconds the Apple Logo will appear (this step did work for me in beginning);
  3. If you get stuck again with the progress bar, repeat it above again, but then you turn on your Mac holding Command + R, and you should see the Recovery Mode screen;
    Tip: If you don't have too much important files, I would recommend you to clear the hard drive to default and install form zero the OS X, because at a first moment I just used the Recovery Tool on Disk Utility and then reinstalled the OS with the option to not delete all files, and it didn't work, so I had to delete all disk files and install the OS from zero.
    If even after cleaning your HD and installing the OS from zero didn't work, then you'll need to bring your mac to an Apple Technical Assistance because it may be a problem with your hard drive.

I hope it help somehow, and again I apologize my grammar typos.

Good lucky!

Mac Mini late 2014 macos highSierra stuck boot screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.