Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone keeps restarting

My phone will have the spinning wheel on a black screen, momentarily show the unlock screen and has the line that says something "iphone must be unlocked to complete update". I was unable to unlock it quick a couple of times but no luck in getting any of the information off of it. I have tried holding down the lock and home buttons to reset and it will continue to do the same thing. Unfortunately the phone is not backed up. I have lots of pictures and things I would like off of it. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 5:03 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 4:04 PM in response to bhinch15

Hi, bhinch15,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that your iPhone 6s will not boot up. Instead, it displays a black screen with a spinning wheel, then briefly shows the lock screen before moving to an error message indicate you need to unlock the phone to complete the update. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend reinstalling the iOS software. You can do this using the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . This process should not remove any data from your iPhone.

Cheers!

Iphone keeps restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.