Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any chance of iOS 11 improving anytime soon?

It drains my battery. Apps lag horribly. Notifications freeze and won’t go away. This update is HORRIBLE!

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 5:16 PM

17 replies

Nov 13, 2017 5:39 PM in response to sherlew2

I waited until last week to update and have regretted it ever since. I do like the “do not disturb while driving” feature since I’m on the road a lot, but even it has issues - it can’t seem to tell the difference between whether I’m actually driving or simply walking through a store!

Nov 14, 2017 1:58 PM in response to deggie

I have several mail accounts, but Yahoo seems most affected: “cannot send mail. an error occurred while delivering this message.” Deleting and re-adding it helped temporarily but it’s now doing it again.

And as if I haven’t experienced enough issues since this update, the time on my phone just jumped ahead an hour and then changed back to the correct time a few minutes later. It’s safe to say I’m officially done with this update!!!

Nov 14, 2017 2:03 PM in response to Jdt13

Yahoo is notorious for outgoing server issues and being owned by Verizon doesn't appear to have improved things any. Delete your account again, go to their webmail and change your password and then set up the account on your iPhone. If you still can't send mail you may have to manually set up our outgoing password for that account. You can do a search and find many instances of this problem on all types of phones, it isn't specific to iOS 11. Neither is time zone settings, if you are set on automatic that was courtesy of your cell provider. That is also an old problem seen by many.

You sound like one of those people that believe gluten causes all of their health problems.

Nov 14, 2017 6:01 PM in response to Jdt13

not to pile on but you also have a phone that has gone through 3 newer versions. The 1 gig of ram is prolly the bottle neck when it comes to speed. The only phones to not have 2 gigs of ram are iphone 6 and 5s that are still supported. Apps that you use are being written with the newer processors and phones in mind.

as an example

single core scores

x-4231

7-3295

SE-2410

6-1463

multi core scores

x-10357

7-5387

se-4055

6-2459

Might be time to upgrade

Is there any chance of iOS 11 improving anytime soon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.