Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule Backup Disk not Showing in Devices

I need to get in the backup disk to check something, but I have tried everything to try and get it to show up, from switching off the Time Capsule to turning on hidden files. The disk will not show up in the Devices section of Finder no matter what I try.

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 5:47 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2017 6:29 PM in response to ultranum

The Time Capsule will not "show up" under Devices in a Finder window, if that might be what you are trying to accomplish.

Look for the Time Capsule under the Shared heading on the left panel of any Finder window.

Click on the Time Capsule icon and a folder.....named Data (unless you have changed the name of the drive).....will appear in the window to the right

Double-Click on Data to reveal the contents of the Time Capsule drive

If you now double-click on the sparsebundle file with the name of your Mac on it, another disk named Time Machine Backups will appear on the desktop, and as a Device as well.

In the example below, you can see my Time Capsule, which is named TC

User uploaded file

Caution.....this is not a recommended way to access Time Machine backups.....since it is very easy to corrupt the entire backup file. Be extremely careful if you decide to attempt this.

Time Capsule Backup Disk not Showing in Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.