Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using High Sierra 10.13 my 2017 Macbook Pro freezes when connecting/disconnecting an external display

It's not completely guaranteed every single time, but the majority of times it does so. Mac OS Sierra had no problems whatsoever.

Every time I am forced to do a hard reboot which is annoying and can hardly be good for the computer.

I am connecting it through an Anker USB-C hub that has HDMI in. The HDMI cable is then connected to a Dell S2716DG. The laptop is specced as follows: 2.8Ghz, 16gb RAM, 512GB SSD, Radeon Pro 555.

I am grateful for any help fixing this!

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 6:27 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2017 3:44 PM in response to axllin

Hello axllin,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having issues with your MacBook Pro freezing when you disconnect your external display. Looking at your description of how you are connecting your display to your display to your computer via a USB-C hub. I would first suggest that, if at all possible, you test the issue connecting the display to your computer without this hub in the mix.

If the issue continues without the hub, or you are unable to test without the hub, then take a look at the troubleshooting steps in this support article:

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Best regards.

Using High Sierra 10.13 my 2017 Macbook Pro freezes when connecting/disconnecting an external display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.