Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iMac unable to connect via Ethernet or WiFi

After update to Sierra yesterday no internet . Tried numerous options , even re installed Sierra . Also it will not connect via WiFi to my phone hotspot or a mobile WiFi device, so nothing to do with my modem as my other mac works fine . It sees the connection and says it’s connected in both WiFi and Ethernet , please help . Thank you

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 3:51 AM in response to Theplumber1 In response to Theplumber1

How are you connecting the updated Mac to the internet (or rather, trying to)? Wifi or ethernet?

Do you get any error messages? What happens exactly?

You could try shutting everything down (Mac, router, modem etc.) restarting and see if that helps anything.

Nov 14, 2017 3:51 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 2:47 PM in response to Duchy777 In response to Duchy777

Thanks for reply, it was showing connected in all paramiters, on both either wifi or ethernet, ip dns etc all ok but no connection possible, also tried hot spot in case prob with a block in router and also tried mobile broadand, whilst it showed all ok and showed connected, nothing would work (my other machines working fine on same connection) after pulling hair out and possibly other bits of anatomy which im still recovering from myself! , after re installing, after plists removal etc I gave up at 3am and decided to call the experts, Apple, this morning - alas no remedy found so last resort was a complete erase of disks and re set again - now after 8 hrs of restoring all ok ....until the next time! - If all else fails - just pull the plug and start again !

Nov 14, 2017 2:47 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Theplumber1

Question: iMac unable to connect via Ethernet or WiFi