Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Tones - iPhoneX; iOS 11.1.1; iTunes 12.7.1.14

I am struggling to find an answer to this problem. For some reason I am showing duplicates of the same tone in my Ringtones, some seem to be the same tone and just named different things others are straight duplicates. I do not believe I purchased them multiple times (though possibly, my wife and I share an iTunes account before there was family sharing), when .

I have tried the 'garage band' trick to try and delete custom tones - no luck. I have tried to 'manage music and videos manually' in itunes to try and delete the tones and three problems...

1. not all of the tones show
  2. even for the ones with duplicates, only one record shows
  3. even when I delete one, it does not actually 'delete from library' and pops back up when I sync

So no go there as well

Any advice?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:02 PM

There are no replies.

Duplicate Tones - iPhoneX; iOS 11.1.1; iTunes 12.7.1.14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.