Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is interface on Apple TV 4k in 4k? And 24p

Hi,

I used Nvidia shield before and even tried smart TV itself, but on both interface is 1080p max, shield Netflix is 720p even, that includes subtitles in 4k shows - subtitles often 0look like just pixelated mess.

Shield actually outputs 4k, but it is just upscaled 1080p (for the interface and few lucky apps that are not in even lower resolutions)

Apple usually do things right. So is Apple TV 4k finally the first real 4k box?

Also does 24p work correctly or is it all based? On shield it is all based and weird.

I read somewhere that Apple TV does not switch refresh rate from 60. I guess it is to work around soap opera effect of the TV's, most people probably leave on, which I understand, but how does it cope with 24p content in, for instance, Plex?

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 7:02 PM

There are no replies.

Is interface on Apple TV 4k in 4k? And 24p

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.