Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting secerty alarts for features I don’t wanna use

Hi ever since I updated to ios 11 I have an IPhone se I keep getting an alart to set up touch id and password but I don’t wanna setup those features I find them annoying my mother who has the same model she’s not real technically savey I not updating her tell this is fixed or disabled I never had to deal with alarts before this is my phone if I don’t wanna use these features I shouldn’t have to this needs to be fixed thanks for reading Jenny

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 6:48 PM

2 replies

Nov 17, 2017 6:37 PM in response to Jenmoon1

Good evening Jenmoon1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to turn off the Security features of your iPhone SE, including Touch ID. To do that, tap Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, then turn off one or more options: iPhone Unlock, Apple Pay, or iTunes & App Store.
You can turn off Passcode requirements here as well.
However, you will need to enter your Apple ID and password to access your iTunes Store & App Store account and iCloud services. I'll include some resources below that explains your privacy options in more detail.
iPhone User Guide - Security - Touch ID
iPhone User Guide - Security - Passcode
iPhone User Guide - Apple ID
Security and your Apple ID​
Take care.

I keep getting secerty alarts for features I don’t wanna use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.