Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting to Passport Photos --2X2" --and printing

I know how to size by Mbytes, but how about printing to physical dimensions. US passport requires a 2X2 picture with the face in the 1 - 1 3/8 inches.

two related issues, then

1. How to edit to the specific size;
2. How to print pix to end up with that size

I have an Epson Stylus C84 for printing, and have 4X6 photo glossy picture paper

Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5 Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Jan 14, 2007 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2007 9:11 PM

I tried the following all the way up to the point of printing. I didn't actually hit the print command but I think it might work:

1. Select the photo you want in the library and click the edit button.
2. In the Constrain popup menu at the bottom, select "Custom".
3. Enter 2 x 2 in the dialog box. Click OK.
4. Resize the crop selection so that the face takes up around 50 to 70% of the selection. Click the Crop button. If it doesn't look correct, you can aways undo using the menu Photos->Revert to Original and start over.
5. Select File->Page Setup... and select your 4x6 paper size. Click OK
6. Select File->Print...
7. Make sure the proper printer, preset, and paper size is selected.
8. Set the style to Full Page.
9. Set the Margins to 1.00 inch. Since the paper is only 4 inches wide, a one inch margin on each side should leave a 2 inch image. Remember, this is theoretical since I didn't actually go all the way. Make sure Zoom and Crop is NOT selected.
10 Click Print and cross your fingers.
11. Cut out a 2x2 print from your 4x6 paper. Here's where a paper cutting machine would come in handy. A scissors will be tricky to get it square.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2007 9:11 PM in response to Marcy-)__

I tried the following all the way up to the point of printing. I didn't actually hit the print command but I think it might work:

1. Select the photo you want in the library and click the edit button.
2. In the Constrain popup menu at the bottom, select "Custom".
3. Enter 2 x 2 in the dialog box. Click OK.
4. Resize the crop selection so that the face takes up around 50 to 70% of the selection. Click the Crop button. If it doesn't look correct, you can aways undo using the menu Photos->Revert to Original and start over.
5. Select File->Page Setup... and select your 4x6 paper size. Click OK
6. Select File->Print...
7. Make sure the proper printer, preset, and paper size is selected.
8. Set the style to Full Page.
9. Set the Margins to 1.00 inch. Since the paper is only 4 inches wide, a one inch margin on each side should leave a 2 inch image. Remember, this is theoretical since I didn't actually go all the way. Make sure Zoom and Crop is NOT selected.
10 Click Print and cross your fingers.
11. Cut out a 2x2 print from your 4x6 paper. Here's where a paper cutting machine would come in handy. A scissors will be tricky to get it square.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Getting to Passport Photos --2X2" --and printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.