Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Missing tool bar after download

I just downloaded High Sierra and my toolbar has vanished completely. I've tried all the usual solutions to no avail. As well, my dock can only be seen if I place it at the bottom of my screen. I'm using a Mac Mini with a Toshiba flat screen.

Mac mini (Late 2014), iOS 11.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 3:04 PM in response to Yerm0m In response to Yerm0m

Hi Yerm0m,

It sounds like you're not having all the assets show up when you're starting up on macOS High Sierra. I want to help you get your Mac Mini running right again.

Let's try to start up into safe mode and see if we're able to get your Mac Mini started.
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If you're able to start in safe mode, it may be that a login item is causing the issue. Disable your login items, and reboot turning one on each time to isolate the issue.

If you're not able to start, it may be that macOS High Sierra didn't install correctly. You should follow the steps here to install from Recovery:
How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Nov 17, 2017 3:04 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Yerm0m

Question: Missing tool bar after download